Tuesday 26 February 2013

Wire Gemstone Necklace-in progress

Gold Wire and Ruby Zionite Gemstone Necklace and Earrings

At the weekend I worked on creating this necklace and earring set. I love working with wire and really enjoyed making all the different links for the necklace by hand (apart from one Gizmo bead). It was also my first time using the gizmo and I used up all my wire and will need to wait for a shopping trip before I can play again. 
I think I might have included too many components in the design although the colours are great together. So I have it hanging up whilst I  decide if I am allowed a slightly mad necklace for myself.
The earrings are long as the current style. I made the earring wires and the chain and think I might make a complete chain for a necklace since it has come out well.I have caged the gemstones and opened them up so  as not to hide their lovely colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment